Cunningham Farms has a fresh batch of gourmet Sweet Potato Butter.
Cunningham Farms Gourmet Sweet Potato Pie
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 Jar Cunningham Farms gourmet Sweet Potato Butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of ginger
- Pinch of cloves
- Pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400° and prepare pie crust.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, dark brown sugar and Cunningham Farms Sweet Potato Butter until smooth.
- Add cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg and mix well. Pour filling into pie crust.
- Bake for ten minutes at 400°. Reduce heat to 375° for ten minutes, or until set.
- Garnish with fresh whipped cream.
Sweet Potato Butter and Cream Cheese Appetizer
- 6 Tbsp Cunningham Farms Sweet Potato Butter
- 8 oz block of cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp very crisp bacon pieces
- 2 Tbsp pecan pieces
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- Frost cream cheese with Sweet Potato Butter
- Sprinkle with bacon pieces
- Sprinkle with pecan pieces
- Top with scallions
- Serve with crackers. May serve immediately or refridgerate.
Sweet Potato Butter Dessert Squares
- 1 jar Cunningham Farms Sweet Potato Butter
- 1 box Duncan Hines Super Moist Classic Yellow Cake Mix, reserving 1 cup
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Roasted pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13x9x2 baking pan.
- Divide cake mix, setting aside 1 cup in small mixing bowl.
- With remaining cake mix, stir in melted butter and 1 egg. Press mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Mix Sweet Potato Butter, 2 eggs, and milk. Spread mixture over the pressed mixture in baking dish.
- Stir the reserved cup of cake mix with flour, sugar, softened butter, and cinnamon. Mix together until crubly. Sprinkle over top of sweet potato layer.
- Press chopped pecans on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and cut into 2" squares. Makes 24 squares.
Cider-Braised Pork Chops
- 6 bone-in-blade cut pork chops (about 1 inchi thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Cunningham Farms Sweet Potato Butter
- 1 cup pinapple juice (can also use apple cider)
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsely
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 300f. Pat chops dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until just smoking. Brown chops in two batches, about 4 minutes per side, transfer to a plate. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat from pot and cook onion over medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, flour, and 2 tablespoons Cunningham Farms Sweet Potato Butter. Cook until onions are coated and mixture is fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in pinapple juice and thyme, scraping up any browned bits with a wooden spoon, and bring to a boil. Add browned chops and any juices to the pot, cover and transfer to oven. Braise until chops are completely tender, about 1 1/2 hours. Transfer chops to serving platter. Strain sauce, then use a shallow spoon to skim off fat. Whisk in vinegar, parsley, and remaining sweet potato butter. Season with salt and pepper and serve sauce at the table.
Sweet Potato Butter S'mores
- Cunningham Farms Sweet Potato Butter
- Graham crackers
- Crisp bacon pieces
- Apply swipe of Sweet Potato Butter to graham cracker.
- Top with well-roasted (slightly charred) marshmallow.
- Add bacon pieces and top with another graham cracker.
Grilled Saint-Nectaire Sandwich
- Cunningham Farms Sweet Potato Butter
- 2 ounces Saint-Nectaire cheese (can also use Camembert)
- 2 thick slices soft white bread
- Crisp bacon pieces or thin-sliced Virginia ham (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Spread cheese evenly onto one slice of bread. Spread a generous layer of Cunningham Farms Sweet Potato Butter over the cheese. Add bacon or ham, if using. Drizzle with honey, and top with the remaining slice of bread. Spread butter on the outer sides of each slice of bread.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Fry the sandwich for a few minutes (depends on bread choice) on each side, just until golden brown. Slice in half and serve immediately.